Backwoods Home Magazine

Backwoods Home Magazine - practical ideas for self-reliant living
A Webcomic about Freedom

Monday, February 26, 2007

Contemplation

I Found These very Beautiful Poems.
Love Jason

Sacrifice
I want to write about sacrifice.
About the Death willingly received for Love.
About the one hung on the tree.
Long ago, in a time before ourswhen the dream fragmented and the worlds of the people and spirit careened out of balance the people knew something precious had to be offered to restore the dance.
So one who was gifted a leader one filled with beauty would offer to hang and die on the summertree.
It had to be done willingly an act of love remaining conscious as the sun and the moon made their journeys three times.
Bearing the aloneness and the pain of limbs stretched out of their socketsof muscles tornof hunger and thirstnever surrendering to the beckoning darkness.
And sometimes,but not often,The Lord of the Forestor the Red Goddess of the Moon would spare the one on the tree.
But it was not expected.
This is the time of my summertree.
I am hung.I choose this willingly for love of my own soul for love of life.
But ...it is hard.
My heart feels stretchedbetween settling for and hoping for.
I cannot end the tension by choosingthe ruthless cutting away,the fast clean death of the sword.
Nor can I sink languidly beneath the waters like Ophelia. I am still awake and the pain scars through me.
I breathe and wait.
I will not pray for release only for courage and compassion

Oriah Mountain Dreamer © 1995

2 comments:

POP said...

They hung me on a tree in fear.....

"Forgive them,
for they know not what they do".
He forgave them out of love.

Pop

Robin Rivers said...

These rock dude.