Backwoods Home Magazine

Backwoods Home Magazine - practical ideas for self-reliant living
A Webcomic about Freedom

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Oh, The Crazyness

So I am going to try and update our blog on a much more regular basis. Hopefully once or twice a week.We will see how it goes. Things seem to be in a bit of an upheaval around here. So much to get ready in so little time.We will be getting rid of a lot of things. Since we will only be able to take up there what we can fit in our SUV and a 6 x 12 trailer from Uhaul.I think that is one of the toughest things for me.But the most important things in life aren't material at all. That's what I keep telling myself anyway. ;-)

We are moving out of Vancouver on March 30th.We plan on spending that evening and the next day in Monroe. Then heading out early in the morning on April 1st. We fiqure it will take 4 to 5 days to get there.Who knows what weather we could run into and the Uhaul can only do about 45 mph.It will be quite the adventure.

3 comments:

Robin Rivers said...

Damn right, crazy people:)
The best part of moving in a 6x12 IS getting rid of all of the crap in your life. You realize how little you actually need.
I do miss some small appliances, knick knacks and definitely our wonderful bed that just wasn't up for the trip to Canada. But, it all work out in the end, man.
Every great adventure, planned well, usually does.
I sure am glad you are planning to take your time on the drive. You already know I am crazy worried about that, only because I'm your big sister and Mother Nature can be one serious bitch in April.:)

Love you,
R

POP said...

NEVER STOP EXPLORING SON EVEN IF I DON'T QUITE AGREE WITH WHERE YOU ARE EXPLORING. I CAN'T DENY THE WONDERLUST THAT EXISTS IN ALL THE RIVERS. THERE IS A PART OF ME THAT WISHES HE WAS GOING WITH YOU AND THEN THERE IS THE PART OF ME THAT IS AFRAID HE WILL NEVER SEE YOU OR YOUR FAMILY AGAIN. WE LOVE YOU ALL VERY MUCH AND DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU TO THE WILDS OF ALASKA.
BOOOHOOOBOOOHOOO
sHARNON & POP

POP said...

THE WEATHER REPORT FOR ANK,ALASKA CALLS FOR A LOW OF 21 AND IN NIAGARA FALLS THE LOW IS 10 SO I GUESS THERE ARE WORSE PLACES TO GO LIKE GOING TO LIVE WITH YOUR GRANDMA'S AND BEING COLDER THAN ALASKA, GO FIGURE.......
POP