Backwoods Home Magazine

Backwoods Home Magazine - practical ideas for self-reliant living
A Webcomic about Freedom

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

WOW!!! Winter In Alaska



Yep! Winter is here. It has been snowing for the last couple of days. Contrary to what the weather reports say. Highs have been in the low thirties and lows have been in the teens. Most people are saying " Wow your not cold?" Nope! The girls still have to get used to wearing hats and gloves outside. I personally just dress in layers. I am SMRT Smart. We wear glove and Hats and Fleeces (Thanks Gamma Sue and Granpa Jerry). The Girls LOVE there Jackets( Thanks Unc Ken, Auntie Robin and Cuz Mhari).

I am in Hockey Nirvana. I know I am probably the last one to know this. But I got to listen to the Sabres play Islanders online Saturday. Great Game though they lost. I also Caught the Cannuck Game. They won in OT. Going to try to catch some of the Avs games to online. Avs Did win on Sunday by a Whopping 4 goals in the third period 6-2 over the Sharks.

Sydney is quite the little Sous Chef. She helps me with every meal we cook. She scrubs potatoes to help me make our oven fries and helped me make our Super Secret Moose Loaf Recipe. One of the gals at work Deb gave us 50# of moose to us. All steaks and some trim for ground. they had gotten it and did not like the flavor. Yummy for us. After giving a third of it away to our dishgal Jess. We actually got it in our freezer. 4-6 Months of meat? Yep super cool.

In other news. We are officially Alaskans now. Yesterday my Buddy Jerms and I winterized the trailblazer. So all that is left is to regulate the antifreeze and we will be set for winter.


In Gods Grace
Jason

No comments: